Running a business is now easier than ever due to the availability of wide-ranging tools and resources that are available. These tools primarily enhance communication, task management, brand marketing, and finances. We understand how time-consuming it might be to rummage through the dozens of tools out there in the market, so we compiled a list of the top business tools and resources for entrepreneurs to use in 2022.
1. Google Docs
Google Docs tops the list due to the significance of written content in any business. From financial reports, operating agreements, curriculum, business plans, non-disclosure agreements, tracking minutes of business meetings, etc., there are lots of documents you will need to create and edit.
One major advantage of using Google Docs is the ease of collaboration. This is especially useful if your team members are working from different locations and multiple people are contributing to a single project.
As long as you have an internet connection, you can access Google Docs from any device and make the necessary edits. You can also track the changes made by every contributor as well as view the history of revisions made to the document.
Another benefit is that Google Docs have a pretty straightforward interface, meaning they left out a lot of the less popular word processing tools, which makes it easier to use. You can also easily import and export files to different formats, including .pdf, .odt, and .rtf.
This is an elementary but powerful tool used to set up presentations. It was originally designed for Mac OS computers from Apple, but it can also be used for Windows PCs. Keynote enables you to effortlessly add charts and photos and appropriate transitions between slides. It also offers a large database of various effects, which can be used to make your presentations more memorable.
- User-friendly interface
- It has dozens of attractive themes and templates, which you can use to spike interest in your presentations
- It’s built into Mac PCs, eliminating the need to download and install it
Monitoring the productivity of your employees while at work ensures they focus on their tasks and helps you determine the amount of money to pay them. HubStaff tracks activity levels by recording all keystrokes and mouse clicks and rating the results as a percentage.
- You pay for only those hours that your staff were actively working on a given project
- Enhances transparency in payroll preparation
- Helps you know the time taken on a particular project, which is essential for future planning
- Improves productivity since the staff know they’re being monitored
- HubStaff has a free trial mode for 14 days.
- The Basic Plan costs $7 for every user each month or $5.83 if you pay yearly.
- The Premium Plan costs $10 for every user per month or $8.33 per user per month if you pay annually.
- The Enterprise Plan costs $20 for every user per month or $16.67 per user per month if paid annually.
All of the paid plans require a minimum of two users.
ClickUp is a project management tool that allows you to visualize all project details on one platform. With ClickUp, you can create multiple work categories with different subcategories to go with it. The tool also enhances remote collaboration and helps track the progress of individual tasks.
- Enables team collaboration and communication
- Has time tracking capabilities
- You can integrate with other vital apps like Slack and Zapier
- Its mobile version is as versatile as the PC version
- Has a top-notch 24-hour customer support
- Has numerous project visualization views you can choose from. For example, board view, Gantt view, List view, etc.
- ClickUp has a free version that supports endless projects and users but with restricted features
- $5 monthly fee for unlimited projects and users
- The Business Plan costs $12 per month
- The Business Plus plan costs $19 per month
Slack is great for group communication as well as for sharing files or documents quickly. It primarily organizes conversations into channels, enabling every team member to share their ideas, react to messages and push projects forward. The result is faster work execution and seamless remote collaboration. Its “reminder” feature is specifically helpful as it notifies you of important tasks you need to accomplish.
Slack also allows you to encrypt sensitive data so that critical business information doesn’t leak to unwanted outsiders.
You can use the free version of slack but it has some limitations. For more features, think about upgrading to the Pro or Business+ plans. The former costs $6.67 monthly while the latter is $12.50 per month.
SignEasy is a digital signature solution created to assist businesses in streamlining the signing and verification process. You can use it on both Android and iOS mobile phones as well as Windows and Mac PCs.
- Integrates with other tools like Zoho CRM, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Drive, MS Outlook, and many more
- You can send notices to assignees reminding them of documents that require signing
- Supports both sequential and parallel signing, which allows you to send a given doc to multiple people and have them sign one after the other or simultaneously
- Augments workflows: When signing is simplified, business processes like purchases, approvals, budget, and market planning are improved
They offer a 14-day trial, after which you’re required to pay:
- $10 per user per month – Essential Plan for single users
- $15 per user per month for a team of 1 to 5 people
- $30 per user per month for the Business Plan, which starts from 3 users
MailChimp is an email marketing tool that allows you to send messages to hundreds or even thousands of people at once. It’s perfect for sending out bulk newsletters to contacts in your mailing list. It also supports automation of email campaigns and keeps a collection of leads.
- Offers simple integration with your website and eCommerce platform
- Offers numerous customizable email templates, with no need of coding
- Analytics are very comprehensive. Provides detailed reports on the number of recipients who clicked your email and the links they opened, the number of people who unsubscribed after receiving a particular email, and how the response to your e-mail marketing compares to the industry average.
- Free for up to 2,000 contacts and 10,000 emails per month
- Essential Plan starts at $11/month for 500 contacts and 500,000 emails
- Standard Plan adds advanced automation features, starting at $17/month
- Premium Plan is for heavy users – starts from $299/month
Asana is a task management tool that allows you to organize and track the details of any project in your business. It allows you to add as many projects as you want and collaborate with as many team members as you wish to. In addition, it enables your crew to be at the helm of their duties and chip in from any location.
- Task management
- Integration with other task management apps like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Drive
- Enhances collaboration among remote team members
- Free version is available for teams up to 15 people
- Premium Plan costs $10.99 per user per month when billed yearly or $13.49 when billed monthly
- Business Plan costs $24.99 per user per month when billed yearly and $30.49 when billed monthly
9. HubSpot CRM
Every business wants to develop superior client relationships so they can connect on a more personal level, and understand their needs. Building healthy relationships can help attract more new clients and retain existing ones.
HubSpot CRM is one of the best customer relationship management tools you can use in 2022. It has a centralized database that allows you to align your sales, marketing, and customer service efforts and offer a first-class experience to your clientele. This leads to customer satisfaction, improved retention rate, and it can lead to the expansion of your business.
- Free version offers a wide range of features and functionalities
- Enables communication monitoring. You can track information of prospect clients and send emails instantly from your platform
- HubSpot CRM can be linked to your social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Through them, you can draw out fundamental information from your followers’ activities and send personalized emails to them.
- Can be used on both Mac OS and Windows OS to maximize CRM operations
FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting app that allows you to manage finances simply and securely. It also provides you with an easy yet efficient way to handle reports, costs, time tracking, and invoices.
- Intuitive interface that’s simple and easy to learn and understand
- Makes invoicing simple
- Provides accurate payroll information
- Effective time tracking
- Supports various deployment options like Android, Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, etc.
- 30-day free trial
- Lite is $4.50 per month. You can send limitless invoices to a maximum of 5 clients
- Plus is $7.50 per month – For up to 50 clients
- Premium is $15 per month – Unlimited number of clients
Today, being an entrepreneur is more competitive than ever. If you don’t have the right tools and resources at your disposal, your business could begin to fall behind its competition. One way of ensuring this doesn’t happen is by using modern business management tools and resources.
The above 10 tools can help run your business more effectively and efficiently by improving communication with clients, managing tasks, handling finances, marketing your products, and more.